Secretos & Técnicas
At Slow Food Nations, we topped our Kibbeh dish with Laban, a Lebenese yogurt sauce that wonderfully complemented the Kibbeh, Tabbouleh salad, and Palisade peaches. We got so many questions and so much great feedback, that we thought you might like to have the recipe to make this tangy sauce at home!
- 2 gallons milk
- 1 pint live cultured whole milk yogurt
- Heat the milk to 200F, stirring constantly. If any milk burns on the bottom the toasted bits that rise to the top can be skimmed out with a mesh strainer.
- When the milk reaches 200F, remove it from the burner and cool it over an ice bath until it cools to 115F.
- Temper 1 pint of the milk into 1 pint of yogurt and slowly add it back to the pot.
- Let it proof at 115F overnight.
- When solidified, cool in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
As always, if you have not subscribed to our newsletter yet, you can do so here.